Craniosacral therapy is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system - comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord.
It is a system intended to relieve pain and tension by gentle manual treatment of the body regarded as harmonizing with a natural rhythm in the central nervous system. Using a soft touch generally no greater than 5 grams, or about the weight of a nickel, practitioners release restrictions in the craniosacral system to improve the functioning of the central nervous system.
By complementing the body's natural healing processes, the craniosacral system can be used to treat a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction.
• Migraine Headaches
• Chronic Neck and Back Pain
• Motor-Coordination Impairments
• Central Nervous System Disorders
• Orthopedic Problems
• Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries
• Chronic Fatigue
• Stress and Tension-Related Problems
• Fibromyalgia and other Connective-Tissue Disorders
• Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
•Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder